Tuesday, July 1, 2008

After the italian job comes the russian roullette

Its soo much more fun to watch the euro when you have something to cheer about... such a common yet sometimes unnoticed observation i find. Ever since the Spanish especially the St. Iker, the psychotic Ramos and the god damn fine villa beat the Italians that brought sooo much pain to me, i have become tres die hard Spain fan lol...who would ever guess had owen or France still be there i would be swearing at the Spanish ( ok not the three mentioned :P ..). I animatedly reenact the saves and penalties to every person i meet whether they are interested or as a matter of fact even listening to me can hardly matter hehe.
The bartender at the sports bar i go to is use to my insanity and wildness during games hehe.. Poor fellow... While we were watching the Spain vs Russia game... i since listening to the ad had the Torres song in my head... i cant get the damn thing out of my head... it is based on the tune of a kids rhyme that i used to sing all the time... the song goes as such:

His armband proved he was a red torres torres
you'll never walk alone it said torres torres
we brought the lad from sunny spain
He gets the ball he scores again
Fernando Torres Liverpool's number 9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdy8qtAkrZM
so as i sang that happily during the game .. my brother trying to sit as far as possible from me, the bartender tells me he is from Liverpool and loves Liverpool. He smiles widely and asks me seems you like them to. My happy tune abruptly stops and in a matter of seconds my face scowls back at him. I hate them, i replied and i am a huge Owen fan. I was about to retort back some more when suddenly the Spanish score. xavi, a player i would usually hate because of his barca attachments scored... what a beauty of a goal too.. i was soo dumbstruck and after all the cheers i am still rooted. My brother looks at me and as he moves me, i start yelling ...the people who were in the bar stop and stare.. the bartender asks if i am ok.. hahah... i look at the screen and reply you damn right am ok... goal!!!! He starts laughing. At the end of the beautiful 3-0 game, with Guiza and the extremely impressive Silva scoring the rest of the goals. The bartender while giving me my bill makes the mistake of mentioning how owen was nothing without Liverpool. I stop breathe while my brother tries to pull me away very wary of the trouble thats brewing up. My friend Andy helping him as he too knows very well that once i start i shall end with blood!
I started the huge discussion on owen and after an hour alot of swears and in the end tears the bartender consoled me and assured me he has nothing or will never have anything but respect for Michael James Owen...My brother on the way chides in if you ever make it to be a journalist i am sure owen will be the most happiest athlete in the world with the amount of fan conversions you make. I could not hold back my laughter as we walked home after that. I am sooo glad that my brother loves soccer - not that he really had a choice, however it makes things alot more fun and since we dont like the same team or players except a certain few, it keeps are minds at wit and our tongues laden with sarcasm. In my brother's case his arms full of bruises ;)...

Thoughts in my head that day:
His armband proved he was a red torres torres
you'll never walk alone it said torres torres
we brought the lad from sunny spain
he gets the ball he scores again
Fernando Torres Liverpool's number 9


DAMN FRIGGIN SONG!


Hala madrid and VIVA OWEN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hala Madrid!! & Viva St. Iker!!!
*betrealmadrid from dA =D